skip to main |
skip to sidebar
New York was busier and touristy than I thought. The crowd was almost like the Sydney Olympics. NY is definitely a place for visual entertainment with billboards and ads glaring as well as an endless list of musicals, jazz bars, comedy shows even creative dance to choose from. I found it interesting that every musical seems to say "its the best show". I was quite surprised that you can avail tickets on the same day. A friend and I went to check-out "Hairspray" which was quite fun, got good seats, the place looks full and I love the set design. How I wish I could take pics. After watching the show, I felt like I want to see another show. After a couple of days walking around SOHO and Uptown leg muscles have been well used and definitely a few shops I'ld like to see again. One shop I was really impressed with was the Pearl River. Most items in the shop is made in China. Whoever was the man behind the idea was so brilliant. It was such an excellent showcase of China products it even reminded of my childhood stuff like my alarm clock, my wooden comb, my lunch box, etc. I didn't realise that I have used a number of made in China products as a kid. My dad truly is Chinese! Going to that shop is almost going to a trade show too. Well organised and lots of goodies to look at. Another shop I'ld go check out again is YASO. I love the variety of creative designer items. A place worth supporting! It's great to enjoy the creativity in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment